If you were dropped into your life today, without any background about who you are, what you can achieve, or what you’ve been through… what would be your first move?
I saw a similar question posed on social media the other day, and it stopped me in my tracks. Because all of us wake up and instantly pick up where we left off. Before our eyes open, we’re already thinking back to our relationship, the conversation we had yesterday, what we have to do at work today, our usual breakfast foods and morning routines…
But what if you looked at your life with fresh eyes?
What if you woke up without knowledge of all those things. The personality you’ve developed, all the habits that you’ve tried to make consistent, all the failures or successes that inform how you now think about what you can achieve, the career track that you’re in… what would you do differently? What would you choose again? Where would you evolve?
How to Evolve: Questions to Consider
This post is meant to jog your brain to help you think about how you would evolve if given the choice. So many of us get used to the same days, thoughts, emotions, triggers, and beliefs that we forget that we can choose again at any time. We forget that choosing the same thoughts creates the same emotions as the day before, which leads to the same actions, which leads to the same results that we’ve always gotten.
If you weren’t the same personality that you believe yourself to be…
- What would you wear?
- Where would you live?
- What kind of work would you do?
- How would you spend your money?
- How much would you want to make?
- What would your beliefs be about money if you weren’t told what to believe?
- What relationships would you invest more in?
- What relationships would you let go of?
- What would you finally have the nerve to say?
- What would your hobbies be?
- What would you try that you’ve been holding off on?
- What dream would you shoot for?
- What dream would you let go of?
- How would you speak to yourself?
- What would you love or accept about your body?
- What would you release?
- What kind of habits would you create?
- What kind of commitments would you make?
- What commitments don’t serve you anymore?
And what would you choose again with love?
Because the truth is, we all have this opportunity every single day. Isn’t it funny how we forget or deny ourselves of it? We believe that we have to be a certain way, or continue on a certain path or career track, because that’s what we’re used to and that’s what the people around us are used to. But life can also be a constant editing process. You can evolve. You can create a life with many juicy chapters that all look a little (or a lot) different.
You can look differently, or act differently, or believe differently, or choose differently any time. And if you need that reminder or permission, I hope this post provides it.
Ready for Your Biggest, Brightest Life?
Listen to the episode here! Would seriously fall out of my chair over a review!
Sign up for a free training: 5 steps to earn $100/hour writing for businesses online (the same steps I used to go from burned out in corporate to running my own multi 6-figure business as my own boss, working from anywhere). This is for you even if you don’t have writing experience or an online following!